Sally Bowler joined Broadhurst LLC in May 2017 as an Associate Litigator in the firm’s Dispute Resolution team.
Prior to joining the firm, Sally trained with a Legal 500 Tier-1 rated litigation team, where she developed her talent for managing and resolving commercial disputes, before building her own commercial practice in London. Sally is favoured for providing robust advice from the out-set of her instructions, and working closely with her clients towards achieving the results that they want.
Since 2004 Sally has developed her practice as a Commercial & Private Client Litigator, with an emphasis on Business to Business disputes; Company, Partnership & Labor Law; Banking & Finance; Insolvency; Property and Trusts related issues and Asset-tracing and Enforcement.
- Acted against Lloyds Bank and Bank of Scotland following the exposé of wide-spread LIBOR submission manipulation;
- Acted for the Vendor in a cross-border, multi-party trade dispute concerning fraudulent Letters of Credit;
- Acted for the proprietors of an extensive property portfolio in multi-party proceedings to restrain the appointment of the LPA Receiver;
- Acted for a corporate property developer in proceedings issued against Lloyds Bank PLC for failing to advance agreed project funding;
- Defended a Liquidator’s claim against a director for alleged unlawful payment of dividends and misfeasance;
- Acted against Citibank following the unauthorized freezing of numerous investment accounts;
- Defended criminal investigations by London City Police and the SFO regarding an allegedly unlawful global carbon credit trading scheme.
After gaining a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Cardiff University (2003), Sally studied with the College of Law in Birmingham (2004) where she was awarded a Bachelor of Law Degree and her Legal Practice Certification (2008).
Sally was admitted to the Roll of Solicitors of England and Wales in 2009 and is a member of the Cayman Islands’ Law Society, the Law Society of England and Wales, the Institute of Young Directors and The Recovery and Insolvency Specialists Association.